Wednesday, March 2, 2016

Project Life Android App

Hi!!! Yes I'm still alive (hehe). I haven't been very active on my blog lately, I'm still in the process of digesting all the things I'm doing, and one of them is Project Life. I know that all of you knew about the Project Life Android which launched in leap day (yiiiiiiiiiiiii!!!!!!!!) I was just sooooo excited and thankful to becky Higgins and company, for making an android version of project life. For years android users have been asking when it would release and now, my!!!!! I'm so hooked! I used to use the ios version but when i realized that it was hard for me to PL on my iPhone 4s because of the size of the screen, I opted out to doing it in photoshop, which I'm also enjoying. But being a full time mom, sometimes it's hard to wait for my photos to transfer to dropbox then scrap a two page spread. Or I'm just that lazy? Ehehehe. In photoshop, I was able to finish up to Week 3 of my project 52. But yesterday when I downloaded the app, I managed to finish two and a half weeks! So convenient since I use my phone 90% of the time to take photos. And I really, rally want to do pl this year even thogh I know that I will be behind. So here's what I do:

1. First, I saved the week numbers in my dropbox so i could use it when I make my layout in the app.



Please take note that the pages that I saved from the app only have the gray background, my blog theme happens to put a white layer on every photo I upload. But on the next photo at #2, there's an off white background under the gray background.



2. After I save the 12x12 printable version in the dropbox, I open the page on my desktop so I could edit in photoshop. I like to add a cluster or two and some button on my pages and also the journaling because I want the alignment to be justified.

P.S. The app will give you choices to save in 8x8 or 12x12 but if you check the page on your computer, it is just 2760 x 2760 in 72dpi which supposed to be 3600 x 3600. Anyway, I hope it will still print nicely.







Here's my finished layout. I just can't live without a cluster or two, for now. But I am okay with using cards only on each rectangles (my, what do you even call that?!). If you will compare this on my first weeks, these are really simpler and more neat no? And I like it.




 photo dec2014siggy_zpsf33d567c.png

No comments:

ALL TEXT AND IMAGES ON THIS BLOG ARE PROPERTY OF MY LIFE ON SCRAPBOOKS UNLESS OTHERWISE STATED. DISCLAIMER: AS A MEMBER OF THE FOLLOWING CREATIVE TEAMS, I RECEIVE PRODUCTS FOR FREE IN RETURN FOR CREATING AND POSTING PROJECTS TO PROMOTE THEIR PRODUCTS. THANKS. Header and Siggy created using Showing Thanks by Blue Heart Scraps
Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Detection