Monday, January 5, 2015

Happy New Year and a Tutorial

Happy New Year to all!!!

I hope you had a very good celebration of New Year. I had fun particularly, in taking photos of the fireworks from our neighbor. Yup. My neighbors and big fans of fireworks and firecrackers although my sweet daughter isn't. She stayed inside the house with an ear plug and ear muffs.

A few weeks ago I did some research on how to capture a really good pictures of fireworks. I found a couple of websites from pinterest. Here are a couple of my pictures:







There are works in progress, I have to do this again next January. Although I found a lot of recommended camera settings, this one is my fave:

ISO - 100
Aperture - f/8 or f/11
SS - 1/2

The things you have to remember in photographing fireworks are:
1. You need a tripod. Since this is a long exposure photographs, having a steady place and holder for your came is important.
2. Find a good place to photograph fireworks. See mine? I didn't have the right place actually. I was so engrossed at looking at the fireworks that these photos were just "oh yeah I should take a picture of that" thing.
3. Shutter remote is optional but having one would be great.
4. Practice makes perfect. I'm gonna do this next January for perfection :)


We also tried doing the letters using sparklers, but they're blurry and the background isn't neat so I'm gonna skip posting that one, but I'll make sure to include them next time :)

 photo dec2014siggy_zpsf33d567c.png

No comments:

ALL TEXT AND IMAGES ON THIS BLOG ARE PROPERTY OF MY LIFE ON SCRAPBOOKS UNLESS OTHERWISE STATED. DISCLAIMER: AS A MEMBER OF THE FOLLOWING CREATIVE TEAMS, I RECEIVE PRODUCTS FOR FREE IN RETURN FOR CREATING AND POSTING PROJECTS TO PROMOTE THEIR PRODUCTS. THANKS. Header and Siggy created using Showing Thanks by Blue Heart Scraps
Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Detection